Tuesday, January 31, 2012

UK Flapjacks > US Flapjacks

The packaging from a UK Flapjack.  I would have a picture of the Flapjack itself, but I ate it too fast.  
So I was having a discussion with Ben Wood last week about a British pastry called a Flapjack.  I told him that these were pancakes (as what they are called back home).  He thought that was really weird.   We had a small battle about this on Facebook.  He posted a good looking recipe: UK Flapjack Recipe.  And today, at lunch, he brought me one.  I have been feeling really bad, with not much of an appetite, so I didn't eat it until I got home from my module tonight.  IT. WAS. AMAZING.  Of course, anything with 22% pure butter probably should be, but it did make me feel a little better just for a bit.
Now, I've taken some NyQuil, which should be knocking me out momentarily, so I can get a good chunk of sleep before the module tomorrow morning.
Thanks Ben for sharing!!

1 comment: