After lunch, I went down to the pits to see if I could catch anyone working. I got to see a tube get notched for the roll cage yesterday. I was lucky to catch Ryan, getting ready to take more measurements for the timing of the KTM engine we had worked on on Tuesday. I got out my netbook to help take data, and Ryan proceeded to measure the intake and exhaust valves of the engine.
|Here is the engine, all put together, with the measurement equipment all set up to take measurements on the valves|
I also was asked to post a picture of the car, that is in the pits. It is technically still last year's car, that the group is taking apart and re-working. Here is a current picture of it:
|The Formula Student car. The group is making a role cage, and also modifying the engine to run on E85 this year. They also hope to find sustainable alternatives to carbon fiber for the frame.|
In other news, I found the tastiest juice at the grocery, so I just thought I'd end with a picture of that. :)