Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Attempt at British Cooking

So this weekend I decided to try to make some British food and I got a recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/319350/cheddar-topped-shepherds-pie) for shepherd's pie.  It turned out really really good (I also added in some fresh minced garlic)

Here is a pic of my bowl (not as decorative as Martha's but who can ever make anything look that good anyway?)

My Bowl!
Of course, I was told by Stuart Cole that since I used beef and not lamb, this technically is a Cottage Pie.  I think I am going to need to find lamb next time to make a proper Shepherd's Pie.  :)

Countdown until my flight:  four weeks from today!!
I am excited that one of my advisors and some others from Warwick will be visiting Purdue next week!  Hopefully I will get a chance to catch up a bit before I fly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment